I recently saw an article titled “If Your Husband Does These 13 Things, You Hit the Marriage Jackpot”. As I read through the 13 items, I was quite pleased. I DEFINITELY hit the jackpot with my husband!
- He encourages and inspires you.
- He can comfort and calm you.
- He still flirts with you.
- He works hard.
- He loves spending time with you.
- He loves and respects his mother.
- He complements you often.
- He is selfless.
- He says “I love you” often.
- You are his #1 priority (after his relationship with God.)
- He surprises you.
- You are a team.
- He admits when he is wrong.
As I looked at the list, I began to wonder: Does my husband believe that he also hit the jackpot, or do I tend to be more of a pothole? A Jackpot is something we all want. We avoid potholes. They cause damage and expand with every contact. I want my husband to see how deeply I treasure him. At times, I may require more than I offer, but I will strive to be the “jackpot” wife he deserves.
What about you? Are you a jackpot or a pothole?